Supplements should not replace a brain and health smart diet. Always work with your healthcare provider to determine an individual approach to supplements if needed. Those that have been shown to support brain health are as follows:
- Magnesium – helps over 300 functions in the body
- Omega 3’s – DHA – anti-inflammatory for the Brain and good for heart health.
- B Vitamins – important in energy production
- Vitamin D – affects over 800 different genes and essential in controlling gene expression. Controls insulin function in the Brain. Low Vitamin D linked to depression. Over 40% of population found to be deficient in vitamin D
- Probiotics support a healthy microbiome and prebiotic fiber to feed the good gut bugs.
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support.
- Whole coffee fruit concentrate – new research shows an increase in brain neuro-function and increased growth of new brain cells.