Brain Body Health
Maintain a healthy and diverse gut microbiome
- Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, once stated; “all disease begins in the gut”
- Creating a community of life supporting gut microbes (good bacteria) is fundamental in overall health and brain health.
- 80% Immune system is in the Gut.
- Gut microbiome:
- Maintains body metabolism through hormone production
- Produces the majority of neurotransmitters to your Brain
- Modulates inflammatory response to foreign substances
- #1 influence of the health and diversity of the gut microbiome is Food.
- Our gut becomes out of balance with the bad gut bugs, compromising the integrity of the gut, leading to “leaky gut” (bad bacteria leak into blood) and “leaky brain” (bad bacteria leak into brain). This results in inflammation in body and brain.